Regarding the origin of the palak paneer recipe, there has been much debate among the netizens but there is no denying of the fact that this dish owes its origin to the Indian Subcontinent. This dish is not only popular in all over India but it has also gained its popularity across the world.
This dish is simply delicious and requires minimum effort to prepare.
Palak paneer Ingredients:
- palak -500 grams
- paneer -250grams
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger- 1/2 inch
- Tomato- 1piece
- Green chilli- 4 pieces
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder -1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1tea spoon
- Cumin seeds -1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds -1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Fresh cream- 2 teaspoon
- Salt -as per your taste
- Sugar -as per your taste
- Vegetable oil -1 tablespoon spoon
- In order to prepare palak paneer, you need to follow these simple steps.
- At first, you need 3 cups of fresh water which you should pour into the frying pan. When the water will start to boil slowly, put the fresh palak (spinach)into the boiling water. Here the quantity of palak is 500 grams but you can adjust it keeping the ratio of the ingredients proportionate. Now put your gas oven on high flame and cover the frying pan with a lid. Let the spinach or palak boil for 2/3 minutes. There is no need to boil the spinach for a long time.
- Now put your gas oven off. Then collect these half-boiled or nearly half-boiled spinach in a container.
- Here comes the next step. You are ready to prepare the spices needed to progress further. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the frying pan. As soon as the oil gets warm, add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds,1 teaspoon coriander seeds,4 green chillies vertically sliced, a medium-sized minced onion,6 garlic cloves, and 1/2 inch ginger piece.
- After adding these spices, you have to fry them well for 1 -1.5 minutes. After that, add sliced tomatoes in it. Then again fry the tomatoes along with the spices for 1 minute.
Spice is ready. Switch off the gas oven.
- Now we need a mixing jar and put the entire spinach into the jar. Then add the spices which you prepared before with it. Make it a thick smooth paste using the mixing jar.
- After that, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the frying pan , of course, you have to switch on your gas oven to keep the flame in medium heat. You have to take notice of the fact that oil is getting warm and it is the right time to add 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder,1 teaspoon turmeric powder,1 teaspoon cummin powder. In low to medium flame fry the spices for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the paste (spinach and ginger)with the fried spices. You are advised to mix the paste with the spices thoroughly.
- Stir the paste in low flame for 2-3 minutes, add salt (as per your taste), sugar (as per your taste).For mixing sugar and salt stir them with the entire mixture thoroughly. Add 2 cups of fresh cream to it. After the fresh cream add garam masala to the paste.
Finally, you should add sliced paneer with the palak paste. You can use fried panner instead of raw paneer which tastes slightly different. Add a little water to the mixture.
Cover the entire mixture for just two minutes. After 2 minutes you should stir the mixture uncovering the lid. Your palak paneer is ready.
Palak paneer is perfectly fine with roti, parathas, naan, or anything you choose to eat with it.